Wednesday, June 26, 2013

As a documentary photographer, nothing feels more real than photographing birth.  I love being a documentary birth photographer and I am on a birth high for weeks after.  It is so unbelievable to watch a little human enter the world and be a part of such an intimate milestone in families lives!  I photograph births and other family related work under the site photoRAYA.  Raya means new & life in Miskitu, one of the languages I spoke as a Peace Corps volunteer in Nicaragua   One of my recent birth photos was removed & then restored on facebook and it was written about here by PetaPixel. PetaPixel is a leading blog with 146k followers covering the wonderful world of photography whose goal is to inform, educate and inspire in all things photography-related.




Here is the direct link to the story. http://petapixel.com/2013/06/25/birth-and-breastfeeding-photos-removed-restored-on-facebook-and-instagram/